EOI Stonnington Jazz Artistic Director 2019
STONNINGTON JAZZ 2019-2021
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The City of Stonnington is seeking expressions of interest from experienced professionals or organisations to develop and deliver the artistic program for Stonnington Jazz 2019, 2020 and 2021. The successful applicant will be responsible for the artistic direction and programming and working in collaboration with the City of Stonnington’s Festivals and Events team in the successful delivery of the Stonnington Jazz festival.
Stonnington Jazz Festival
9 to 19 May 2019
Various performance venues and spaces across Stonnington
Stonnington Jazz is a well-established annual festival of free and ticketed concerts and events in a range of venues within Stonnington, attracting local residents, visitors and the wider community. The festival runs for 11 days and features 100% Australian artists, with a mix of established and emerging talents.
Stonnington Jazz has reached a high level of state-wide and national recognition. The 2018 festival included a diverse range of acts along with participatory programs and free workshops and presented the inaugural Jazz Industry Summit.
Through Stonnington Jazz, Council aims to:
- Provide a high quality, cultural live music experience to the Stonnington community and beyond.
- Support the growth of and showcase the extent of Australian musical talent.
- Consolidate the City of Stonnington’s position as an arts and cultural hub – a creative city.
- Provide an accessible, unique and dynamic program for local residents and visitors to enjoy with affordable ticket prices.
- To develop a platform that provides opportunities for Council and local business to work in creative and cooperative ways.
Council seeks an Artistic Director/Organisation with a strong track record in the delivery of high quality artistic programming which will continue to grow the standard and reputation of the Stonnington Jazz festival and ensure its longevity.
Contract No. T18041 – Stonnington Jazz Festival 2019-2021 – Artistic Director Services
EOI’s are invited for the Artistic Director Stonnington Jazz Festival 2019 for Contract Term of 3 years
EOI Documentation will only be available for inspection and downloading from Council’s e-Procurement website www.tenderlink.com/stonnington/.
EOI submissions close 12.00 noon Monday, 16 July 2018.
Late EOI’s will not be accepted. EOI’s will not be accepted by facsimile, mail or any way other than via TenderLink.
Closing Date: 12noon, Monday 17 July, 2018